Interviewing Om, a newtuber on popular media!

Hello there,
I have my first interview published here now! I'm interviewing Om, a person who just started out on youtube and links up with the theme of the blog as he is giving a formed opinion on popular media!
I gave him a couple questions to answers and he gave them rather quickly!


Here we go then, I hope I will be able to put out these kind of articles every week! The interview is quite structured the questions are numbered and the answer is always just plain text under the question asked. (questions are also lined) Also if he becomes a huge hit, remember you heard it here first!

1. Could you introduce yourself?

I'm Om - I'm a British student who is very interested in media, particularly the internet and the various ways in which social media and online activity are changing culture. Politically, I consider myself to be a libertarian, valuing the notion of the individual. I do not consider myself to be either left or right wing and do not agree with extreme politics on either side.

2. What do you do on youtube? Or what are your plans

I have always had strong opinions and recently i have found myself consuming so much media and forming so many opinions on topics such as internet culture, gaming, mainstream media and movies, that I feel like I need some kind of outlet for the stuff in my head - so this youtube channel will be cathartic for me, hopefully entertaining a few people along the way.

3.What are your plans for the next year

As for my plans for 2018 - I will to continue to produce videos while I study (I'm aiming for at least one a week) and hope to meet a few like minded people along the way

4.Why should people watch your channel?

As to why I think people should watch my channel - I believe that I have opinions that differ from the large majority of commentators. As I tend to look at things in an objective and unbiased manner, free from the tribalism of 'left vs. right' politics or attacks on individuals. Other than that? I try to be as entertaining as possible without detracting from my ideas.

5.In your video about the last jedi, you were very critical about the gender roles. Aren't you worried about upsetting the entire feminist community?

stand by what I said in my video - I think that The Last Jedi presents a dangerously oversimplified gender dichotomy. All of the evil characters in the movie are men, while all they 'good guys' are women. The movie's majority audience is children, who are susceptible to this kind of simplistic narrative. It is no great leap to assume that a child watching this movie and others like it will begin to associate women with positive attributes and men with negative, leaving no room for the concept of 'individual'. It is the same kind of media manipulation Disney has been pushing since the 1950s, its just that now the narrative has changed to fit in with an SJW agenda and a hyper collectivist PC culture. (see the video below)



As for upsetting people in the feminist community, I think the message in my video is very clear and those who would potentially be offended by it are the kind of people who are offended by everything. I actually consider myself to be a feminist (truly supporting equality between men and women), just not a far left extremist who will not be happy until all men are dismissed as evil misogynists.

5B. Do you propose a solution to this problem?

Good question - yes, I think that if we can, as a society, start looking at one another as equal individual humans without clinging to labels such as 'race' and 'gender' then society will begin to reflect this and become more egalitarian. It is the constant labeling and cries of 'privilege' that are holding us back. We are all people and we should all have equal liberties and opportunities on that basis.

7. Do you have a message to my readers?

Do not be afraid to voice your opinion. I think that sharing our true opinions has become almost taboo in our culture. As long as you aren't deliberately hurting someone or inciting hate, I'd say that the best thing you can do is get your opinion out there. The biggest danger western cultures face today is censorship and infringement on our right of free speech - if you disagree with someone, debate with them, do not attempt to silence them.

Well this is the end of the interview. I exhanged some polite chatter with the chap and I think this channel could be a medium sized channel within the following months or years depending on the attention he recieves. Most likely I will ask him for his opinion on a review that is in his field of expertise. But for now we'll see!His tweet tag is @The_Mighty_Om  
His youtube channel can be accesed with the youtube button over the video

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog