The pit and the Pendulum; a summary (author: edgar allen poe)

  Hello there,

Here is an article about  a short story written by the author edgar allen poe, an american! who would have tought? ayway the short story is called, the pit and the pendulum and I have written a summary about it!

 
What is it about?
This story is kind of a mystery. I loved the mystery element of the story, really. A guy is stuck somewhere, he doesn't know where he is and neither does the character. We don't even know if he is alive or death! We only know he is stuck somwhere and he can't get out. Mystery food appears every now and again in the form of bread and water. But it is poisoned as he falls asleep immidiatly after eating or drinking it! I know this seems messed up but the whole story is kind of strange! We find out what the purpose of his imprisonment is and who is imprisoning him. (hint: he is possibly a heretic, or worse a witch!) It was really some kind of emotional and fantastic ride! 
What I loved about the story!
So what did I love about the story? I'm going to tell you! (otherwise there would be no point for this article would there?).
What I loved mostly about this story is the mystery about the thing! It's what I loved about the first saw movie, what where these guys doing in this filthy badroom? Why were they doing there?  Who put them there? (And why weren't their kidneys removed?) . This story is only a couple of pages long, but it captivated me in a way that I just had to continue reading this story. This doesn't happen very often but when it does I can assure you that it is a good story worth your time and money to read.

I think I can confidently say that I can advise anyone to read this story but all of this author's stories even if he is long dead already!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog