The Sphinx By edgar allen Poe

Hello there,

I have read a story of Edgar allen poe again, I have made another attempt of understanding his writing and I must say that I now kind of understand by reading and reading his work, it is a older style to be sure but it shouldn't be an issue I reread what was on the pages on certain points, aybe 3 or 4 times

The narrator, visits his friend in the state of New York and he spends time in his friend's library reading a book when he looks up and sees a monster ccoming down from a hill that seems to be a mix of certain animals.

He consults his host friends, doubting his sanity or that it was an omen of his death. His host ofcourse laugh it and they continue to take a biology book where they find out that it was actually an insect and nothing else.

I think that this story has a funny ending, making the narrator look like a dramaqueen to be honest, I think that many people have omens like this. Like this might be the reason, that mermaids or the kraken was invented. A missighting of a normal animal. I recomend reading this story just for the sake of having a laugh.


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog