Crystal deception, by Doug J. Cooper

Okay lads, this is my first commisioned book I've ever had the honour of reviewing on this blog so I'm thrilled. I didn't get payed to give a good review so I'm giving my own opinion about it which is brutally honest. And yes, this intro made it past Doug. (yes were on a first name basis now)


The story starts somewhere in the future where have been working on a sort of AI. This artificial intelligence has been in it's third lifespan so to speak and the scientist have upgraded it to Crystal 4,0!
Lots and lots of talking goes on in the first chapter. But the story Really starts getting my intrest in the third chapter, where the Ai they developed starts to scan everything that humanity has to offer, there are even threats of abduction from the aliens, intrigue happens and alot of action is afoot.
Later on there is alot of action that will keep you awake all night to discover the end of the story and pick of the second part of the story!


I'm sorry about the short article, but I don't want too much spoilers in this review because I really want for you guys to buy it instead of getting it from me spoiled. I think the writing syle of Doug J, couper is fantastic, it reads fantastically in my opinion and it certainly left me with a hunger for more of it!
Perhaps I should consider buying the physical copies of the book from amazon for once and support the author, who is a friendly guy and happy to cooperate and just wants his work to be read. 

But Back to the book. I must say that before reading this book I really sceptical of reading sci-fi books because all of the saturation of media in there, with the big names of star trek and star wars (basically considering that Netflix has its own show on startrek now and Disney trying to shove the starwars franchise down our throats) but this book changed my mind to be honest. The scifi genre in book form can be intresting and not being a rehash of a rehash in an established universe and without being insanly stereotypical. Therefore I give this book 8,5/10 crystals

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

"Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte

Well this is my review about Logan (2017)