The dante club By Matthew Pearl

So I have finally finished this book after months of “reading” it and I am happy I can finally shove it aside. And I will try to keep this article short!


So the dante club is about a club of gentlemen in Boston right after the american civil war trying to solve a series of murders taking place.

Not to my surprise this is a club for the translation of the divine comedy and the murders are in the style of Dante's punishments in hell. Because the dante club is convinced that the police is incapable of solving the murders so they take it upon itself to solve it so they start to mingle in the investigation on the first murder.

Then alot more murders and investigations start to happening. And everything is gonna be more and more difficult to solve and at the end ofcourse goes well and they solve the mystery.

My opinion about the book is that there is to much filler in the book to make book intresting. It makes the book to slow paced in my opinion. I think that it is still kind of intresting because of the social issues of that time being shown in the states ofcourse. The people portrayed by this book in the dante club seem so fucking condesending and because of the filler in the book the story seems so unintresting. I give this book a 5,5/10

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

About my preferences in movies and books