The Alienist: The boy on the bridge s01e01

This is a netflix original, while I am still not sponsered by Netflix at all, I took it on me to review the episodes while I still have to review the mist in its completion and also that startrek thing.


The boy on the bridge s01e01


But here we go then. The episode starts with a boy witnessing a dead body at a for me unknown location in New York city in the eighteenhundrerds. Blood dripping everywheere. There is our main guy an alienator gets a boy in his house in need of a shrink.

The boy was the one that witnessed alll of it so our main guy that sends an illustrator so the alienator can see what our boy has seen/ this is how he gets involved with the police investigation of the murder.

There is alot of backstory involved in this series and such. Not all is explained in great detail but some of them are and I'm not going to get into it now. But the alienator gets a bit to much into the investigation as he takes it upon himself to find the killer, the police is to inadequate to do so. Even going so far to exhume bodies of a similar case that seem unrelated to what has happened now
My opinion, on this episode is that it is generally just weird to land into this established world but that it seems like at least for me it is guiding me properly guiding in the established universe while moving up the plot. Meaning that it doesn't seems to be dragged down by the backstory while not being able to continue the story, I give this episode a 7/10

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog