Interviewing AllAboutTechnologies, a technology reviewer

Hello there,
This person is the original person I contacted for an interview but the second one that is finished second. But the guy behind the channel is a nice guy. But let us go!

Could you introduce yourself?

I’m your average joe kinda guy, basically an international student in Canada studying Financial Planning, and doing a part time job. One thing about me is that I don’t like to sit idle, I hate the idea of relaxing in free time, that’s where I start doing my “own things” and YouTube is one the few “own things” which I do. 

What do you do on youtube? 


 ​Talking about YouTube, it was just one of the channels, I realized the potential of technology and started a blog and after 2 years of running my the blog by myself I met this guy in college who had a YouTube channel on tech and then I just joined him and started making videos. We make unboxing videos and in depth reviews on consumer technology like smartphones and laptops.

Then after coming to Canada, I realized the void in terms of videos from prospective of a international student, and how students live life away from home. So I decided to start making vlogs, to document my journey and show around Toronto, Canada

So yeah, Now I script write for my tech channel and make weekly vlogs for my own channel. It's been a fun ride so far!
What is the mission of the channel?


The mission of the channel is to show around the lifestyle of a student, specially an international student and to document my whole life, have fun and take my viewers along with me, while I educate viewers of the problems and solutions and ways on how they can avoid the mistakes i made and have a better life.

When did you start and what did make you start?
 I wanted to start a YouTube channel for a long time but I wasn’t confident enough and no one would back me up or help me, they just thought YouTube was going to be one of the fads of the internet. I’m thankful to my college friend, he gave me the opportunity to join his channel.
Now I only contribute remotely to the channel as I had to move to Canada for my further studies, now I have another YouTube channel, showing Canada through the eyes of an international student.
So yeah, from being too shy to start a YouTube channel to operating 2 YouTube channels was a heck of a journey.
Is there a video you're especially proud of?
I can't think of any particular video on top of my head, but one video that I had most fun shooting was Unboxing and Review of Asus Laptop (watch the video below the answer) because that was the first time i got to use the YouTube Space Toronto and had access to world class equipment. They have everything you can think of, and if they don't they will rent it out for you. And the best part, you don't have to pay anything. I got to learn a lot about the gear and learned new editing techniques and shooting techniques. It's the things you learn when you have access to such equipment.


What are your goals for next year?

My goals for next are pretty basic and marginally achievable.Firstly, I want to reach 5000 subscribers by the end of 2018. Second and the most important to me is, I want to start a new podcast segment on my channel and on iTunes. Other than that, just to have to fun in doing what I'm doing!
Why should people watch your channel? Anything in particular?

 You can come visit my channel if you are student who wants to know first hand how other international students live and experience life, you'll get great insights on my personal life, tips and tricks, financial tips; everything in pure 4k and top notch videography XD.


 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog