My expierences in Berlin: Tuesday 29 august 2017

Tuesday 29 august 2017

 This is the diairy entry for
Tuesday 29 august 2017 of my expierence in Berlin, My apologies for the delay. I didn't have the time to type it out. until like right now! I hope you guys like it!


I got out of bed quite early today, because I wanted to have breakfast in peace, without a huge amount of people at the queu to get the food. In the elevator there was this paper that was taped to its wall, with the times of when the breakfast area was not busy to most busy and I think this should be in every hotel that wants to take itself seriously. Just because it is a handy tool.
I have to note that the breakfast options in the hotel is a choice between sweet and salty and nothing in between. Sure there was cheese but there was nothing else. 

After I took breakfast, I left my hotel in the Hedenmanstraße to the monument for the murdered European Jews. It is quite a chilling monument the size of a city block and if one should find him or herself in Berlin one should have time to visit this monument, at first sight it might not seem that beautifull, but it is quite chilling to see and walk to.
Afterwards I went to the location of where the Fuhrer bunker used to be. I did spit on the parking lot and littered a bit. I found it a bit disappointing that there was no way to pee there. And yes I am very proud to have spit on this location.

The most logical next destination of mine, was the Brandenburger tor and the triergarten. Which is on the same square of the Bundestag (previously the Reichstags). When I first saw the Brandenburger tor I had some kind of architectural orgasm. The building is even more beautifull than on pictures and when inside the gate there are statues both in normal style and in painting style.
The triergarten, is a large park, more in the style of a forest rather than a park. In it I saw a small critter named a squirrel. I was going to take a picture of it but it ran away from me. I went after it silently apparently it was on a branch above me and when I discovered it it ran away.
The squirrel was looking at me...
Ofcourse, I only saw the Bundestag from the outside.

Later, I wanted to have a bite to eat but it was still a bit to early for Maxemillian restaurant which is a bavarian style restaurant which also serves 1 liter beers I went to this coffee shop (not for weed) and I drank a couple of coffees and then I got up and left for Maxemillian, and I got a pork nee and a full liter of bad German beer.

In the afternoon, I went to the jewish museum in Berlin and I taught the permanent exhibition was quite interesting to see, I happened to enjoy it. Even just for once. I do think this is something we should also have visit when you just happen to be in Berlin.

For the rest of the afternoon, I just walked around the city and ended up near checkpoint charlie on a square, and drank something there. I was doubting to view this panorama painting inside the building I was looking at at the end when I was not thirsty anymore I went inside.

The exhibition, was very very on point the painting ofcourse being a panorama of the wall and on the background speeches of politicians played (audio only) and once the speech of president Kennedy played my hairs stood up straight when he spat out the words: ICH BIN EIN BERLINER! As someone with a low amount of empathy and not roused up quite easily this is certainly something that is emotionally loaded. Literally this is the best attraction in Berlin I've done so far.


Afterwards I went to my hotel and read some pages in the book I am currently reading, then it was time to have some evening dinner. I went to KFC and had KFC for the first time in my life. The chicken tasted good but the fries could better.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog