Sanctus complete review by Simon Toyne (English)

Hello there,

So I completed reading this book completly so I decided to write this bookreview for you guys together with my opinion on it. I think you guys should read this book if you like religious mystery novels.


Storyline

So there is a prophecy that a certain cross will fall and rise, it is all pretty vague on this like all prophecies are. A monk in Turkey who had been tought deceased years ago commits suicide, in a strange way like a cross. 

Media attention ofcourse ensued him standing up in there and falling, the investigation leads to his sister whom nobody tought existed. She starts her own investigation into the matter, that leads her to the secret part in the monastery with the age old mystery in the monastary dating back to the creation of mankind. 

Everything that can go wrong does go wrong according to Murphy's law and by the end,  all comes in alright

My opinion and other irritating stuff

I think personally it was a good book, but I found it difficult to relate to secondary characters tough like the people the abbot sends out to kill or harm liv for example, I did know them and remembered them trough the book but I just couldn't bring myself to care about them.

At the end, I found out what the sanctus actually is and I was a abit dissappointed by it. But Because it gave me a good feeling anyhow I give this book, by Simon Toyne 8,5/10
bonus: this guy has a website and it turns out that there is more books set in this universe, I am going to hunt them down!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

"Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte