End of Watch by stephen king (english)

Hai there!

For my birthday I recieved a coupon for a book in a local book story. I must say that I recieved this coupon with joy as I enjoy to read books but it gave me the chance to buy a new book for "free"

I chose to buy a book written by Stephen King. This guy has written a whole library, under them The shing" (a movie has been made based upon this book.
Allons y to the book!

Synopsis

This book is the third chapter in the trillogy of MR.Mercedes and this book ends this series (who would have tought that a trilliogy consists out of 3 chapters?) The book was published recently and is avaiable in all self respecting book stores.

Storyline

The book starts with the repeat of the first chapter of this trilliogy, the terrorist attack on the jobcenter of Mr.Mercedes or the Mercedeskiller? In the beginning of the book I tought this was going to be important to the storyline later, but it is just a nice lubricant into the introduction. As the book then goes on with the Murder/suicide of one of the victims and her mother. By the way if it wasn't obvious yet, there are going to be a couple of spoilers. 

Kermit William Hodges, being bullied by his name has retired from active service in the police department. He has a pain in his stomach he cannot explain something what later seems to be some kind of cancer. But because of the murder/suicide brings back to the into  service. Even tough after his retirement he started a small time company called finders keepers and it focussed on finding criminals on the internet. Somethimes I think breathing gets regristered on the internet. And no I haven't forgot my tin foiled hat! I wear it constantly!
 Brady Hartsfield, better known as Mr. Mercedes is still in the kiner memorial in room 217 treated by some doctor called Babineau who gives him an untested medicin. Ofcourse this is illigal because the goverment has not given permission to test this new thing on humans. Because this unruly testing, Brady starts to gain superhuman powers like in the field of the paranormal. He can open doors and let water flow. After a while he can take over people, so he makes plans to get out of his room and get people to continue his work! He does this by gaining control over via a rootkit installed in a zappit. Some sort of gameboy which failed in this universe. Trough this rootkit he can let people commit suicide. The whole mystery around this story gets solved by Hodges and Holly

My opinion and other irritating stuff

In my honest and modest opinion I find this to be a fairly good book. I would give the book 8,5/10 but I think mostly at the end of it, it keeps dragging on a bit to long. That is were 1,5 points went. Tough it  is a good book, I might not advise you to read if you're no fan of detective stories.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog