Passengers (2016), my review

So this movie starring chris prat and Jennifer Lawrence came out in 2016 and it is finally on netflix so I watched it, it was long on my list to watch so I finally watched it and I am ready to review it for this blog.
I actually watched this movie in 2018 and only got time just now to type the review out completly, I hope you enjoy it!




We find ourself on an interstellar ship that is bound for homestead 2 a planet that is habitable and is going to be colonized by humans but they cross an astroid field and the shields can't take the heat. This wakes up our main guy who is like the rest a passenger (shocking I know) and he discovers he is kind of alone and explores a ship.



He meets an android who can't understand for some reason that there has been a small malfunction happening and isn't any help to this problem, you know the problem that woke our main guy up. But he tells our main guy to live a little, so that what is what he does, he does everything that the ship has to offer for his class of passengers. Until he gets so depressed from lonlyness he wants to kill himself be he doesn't because he has fallen in love with a lady that is played by Jennifer Lawrence and ofcourse she is asleep and our main guy makes her pod malfunction.



They fall in love after a short while because they're like the only two people around and stuff. It is revealed that between him waking up and him deliberatly messing up the other pod, a full year has passed. But as you might have guessed this is not the happy ever after you might have hoped for for now. The fucking android told on our main guy and now misses Lawrence's is rightfully mad at mister prat's character right until Morpheus from the matrix, not the god, wakes up and he is actually a crewmember.



Together these three people find out what is wrong with the ship, while prat and lawrence still having a fight over what happened but because the crewmember's pod malfunctioned too he is kind of sick or something and slowly dies over the next couple of days. They find but right in time how to fix the ship. And they repair it. During this tension prat almost dies and ofcourse they kiss again and they are a couple again! What a fucking surprise am I right? And then we cut to a nice narration with Jennifer Lawrence,



my opinion about this movie, is that after watching it feels as a kind of rebranding of the titanic movie, because the ending narration it ends the same way as a happy memory even if it starts differently. During watching it didn't feel like watching the titanic and I loved that. But I hate it that it turned out to be a romantic comedy and a reskin of the titanic. But because it catched my intrest I give it an 6/10 passengers! Even if it's just because it was able to catch my attention.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog